Our considered approach
At KELSEY Raspberry Farms the integrity and safety of our product formulations is at the heart of everything we do. We took a really considered approach to development, choosing where possible active ingredients that are biodegradable or considered to do no harm to the environment such as cosmetic silicones alongside other more commonly controversial ingredients such as parabens, phthalates, PEGS, mineral oils and synthetic fragrance.
We always strive to use actives that are of natural origin where possible and are proud of our efforts to put our recycled plant waste to the best possible use.
The leaves, seeds and pulp, often left behind or damaged during harvesting, have fabulous benefits for the skin and we are proud of how we’ve put these at the front and centre of our extraordinary skincare.
Sustainability has always been a huge part of our DNA. Raspberries are one of the most delicate fruits and therefore require the utmost care. We grow our raspberries in a totally pure and natural manner in order to maintain all the super properties of the plants.
We take upcycling very seriously indeed. Upcycling means transforming everything that might otherwise have been discarded into products of better quality. It is a common sense mindset that influences everything we do.
The leaves, seeds and fruit pulp, often left behind or damaged during harvesting, have fabulous benefits for the skin and we are proud of how we’ve put these at the front and centre of our extraordinary skincare.
We are committed to changing the way that skincare is produced for the better sourcing everything as locally and conscientiously as possible and have tried to use sustainable and environmentally friendly materials.
- Formulation: We have used biodegradable ingredients and upcycled farm raspberry extracts and seeds. No cosmetic silicones and no controversial ingredients such as parabens, phthalates, PEGS, mineral oils have been used.
- Fragrance: Our fragrances are completely natural and contain no synthetics.
- Bottle: Our sprayed glass is fully recyclable.
- Pipette: We chose to use polypropylene (PP) which is recyclable.
- Pipette bulb: We opted for recyclable nitrile bulbs which is less polluting than more commonly used PVC.
- Carton: All our cardboard is recyclable, fully FSC Certified, carbon neutral and sourced in the UK.
- Stickers: We have chosen fully compostable stickers which carry the OK Compost certification.
- Envelopes: Our envelopes are made from glassine paper which is 100% recyclable and biodegradable.